I recently discovered this recommended website, https://www.scienceandnonduality.com/
Through the two lenses – of science and spirituality – they invite you to ask:
- What does it means to be fully human and fully alive?
- What can evolutionary biology, neuroscience, and psychology tell us about human behavior?
- What are emotions, and how does trauma lodge in our bodies?
- How does language shape the way we think and perceive reality?
- What can we learn from the new science of psychedelics?
- How are mathematics, physics and cosmology redefining reality?
- How does spiritual mystery connect with scientific head knowledge?
Understanding our humanity, the very essence of who we are and how we live our lives, is one of the deepest mysteries and biggest challenges. As we move into this exploration, what emerges is a completely new relationship to our spiritual life and to our idea of what an integrated human being might look like. Embracing our humanness means including our limitations and shortcomings as well as our unlimited potential, our suffering as well as our wholeness. When our heart opens to all of it, the truth of who we are begins to shine. The spiritual search finds no refuge but this moment. We become lovers of what is.
The approach taken is to respect the spiritual and the scientific together, recognizing that both are needed, logic and mystery, because what humans desire most (Love, joy, freedom, etc) are not able to be grasped either logically or by possession, they are right brain activations of the ineffable within our xconscious. This is further explained in the “Energizing” book series and in Richard Rohr’s wonderful summary in the video below, presented at the Science and Nonduality forum in 2018.