The emergence of global spirituality is possible only as there is openness, mutual trust, goodwill and generosity within the human population, and that implies a willingness of individual groups, religions and thought leaders to work together.
In November 2018 the Parliament of the World’s Religions will be held in Toronto.
- Religious and spiritual communities live in harmony and contribute to a better world from their riches of wisdom and compassion.
- Religious and cultural fears and hatreds are replaced with understanding and respect.
- People everywhere come to know and care for their neighbors.
- The richness of human and religious diversity is woven into the fabric of communal, civil, societal and global life.
- The world’s most powerful and influential institutions move beyond narrow self-interest to realize common good.
- The Earth and all life are cherished, protected, healed and restored.
- All people commit to living out their highest values and aspirations.
The emerging spirituality will be interspiritual and intermystical, enhancing the inner life through psychological, moral, aesthetic and literary resources from all traditions. In this vision, each tradition will learn to place itself as a resource of the divine, rather than attempting to operate on behalf of the Higher Power or God.
This evolution of spiritual consciousness is not just for religions either.
The Toronto Convergence: Unifying the Unifiers on the Road to 2020, is for leaders of various organizations, social influencers and activists whose life’s work is dedicated to the overall mission of peace, unity, harmony, justice, and a successful transition to the next stage of spiritual evolution toward a global culture of peace.
“Each tradition will define itself in relation to every other viable tradition of the inner life; each will take into account the totality of the spiritual journey —all the forms it assumes in human experience.
lnterspirituality is a commitment to this enhanced vision. It is no longer content to embrace one tradition alone, no matter how admirable. lnterspirituality, as intermysticism, seeks the larger understanding of spirituality itself and will not settle for anything less.
Intermysticism is the realization that there is one universal tradition of the mystical life with many branches. All of them are relevant and have a perennial value. If we are truly intermystics, we are open to wisdom wherever we find it.”
Wayne Teasdale – The Mystic Heart