Being vulnerable is being exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally. Why would you want to be vulnerable?
To answer this, have a think about the people you really admire, and how much they allow themselves to be honest and show weakness, then watch Brene Brown’s talk on the Power of Vulnerability.
- “In order for connection to happen, we have to allow ourselves to be really seen realistically, with our weaknesses.”
- “The people who have a strong sense of love and belonging, BELIEVE they are worthy of love and belonging.”
- “The origin of the word “courage” comes from the word “cour” which means heart, and it means to completely share your story with you whole heart”.
- “Have the courage to be imperfect, the compassion to be kind to yourself first, and fully embrace your vulnerability to create connections.”
- “What makes you vulnerable, makes you beautiful.”
- “Vulnerability is the core of shame and fear, but it is also the birthplace of joy, happiness, creativity, belonging and love.”
- “Believe in yourself and say: I AM ENOUGH”